What is Corporate Sponsorship?
* Sponsorship is a form of advertising.
* Small and medium size enterprises depend on networking for a large part of their marketing and promotions - corporate sponsorship can be used a networking/word-of-mouth-advertising tool
* In the context of Leduc Ringette Association (LRA), sponsorship is a marketing-oriented contractual relationship between the LRA and businesses, non-profits or individuals. It involves a payment of cash or in-kind services and/or goods in exchange for an agreed upon menu of marketing benefits resulting from the public association between the two parties. The relationship is mutually beneficial.
How is sponsorship different from a donation?
* Donation = philanthropy : Some individuals and businesses are interested in providing cash/goods/services because it is socially responsible. In some cases, these individuals and businesses do not want any public recognition for their contribution.
* Sponsorship = advertising/marketing: Some businesses are very interested in demonstrating to the community what they are doing to "give back". Event/team/sport sponsorship is an essential ingredient in the marketing mix of many organizations. It can be used as a means to generate traffic into the business, raise awareness of the company's product offering, or create a sense of goodwill. In most of these cases, businesses are interested in marketing, promotion and business development benefits.
* LRA invites both donation and sponsorship.
What is Leduc Ringette Association's Corporate Sponsorship offer?
* 2015/16 is LRA's first year implementing a Corporate Sponsorship Program. Similar sponsorship models were researched and reviewed in the development of the LRA program.
* LRA's Corporate Sponsorship program will be reviewed annually to ensure that our offer and activation is relevant and effective. We encourage feedback from sponsors and members for inclusion in this annual review.
* Sponsorship industry valuation data was used to determine the value of benefits associated with two levels of sponsorship: Association Level and Team Level. This valuation was used to determine the price of sponsorship.
* A full menu of benefits is available to businesses - these include traditional 'signs and banners' as well as social media promotion, print media promotion and direct marketing features. Furthermore, LRA is eager to work with individual sponsors on unique and relevant ways to activate their sponsorship.
* 1-year or 3-year sponsorships are available. A discounted rate is provided for any business committing to a 3-year sponsorship.
* LRA is seeking one "Association Sponsor". (e.g. Ledcor Leduc Ringette Association).
* LRA is also seeking eight "Official Team Sponsors" (e.g. Aviva U12A Leduc Jaguars).
What is the price of sponsorship?
* Association Sponsor - $8000 for 1-year; $6600 per year for 3-years
* Team Sponsor - $2200 for 1-year; $1900 per year for 3-years
Why is LRA raising funds through sponsorship?
A partnership between the LRA and a corporate sponsor will achieve the following mutually desirable social benefits:
* Relieve financial pressure for families -Keeping fees low eases financial pressure on families’ disposable income
* Remove barriers to participation - By offering free* registration (to all new participants under 10 years old) and fee reduction (to all new players of any age), we are encouraging Leduc and area youth to try something new
* Increase participation and retention of girls in sport - Providing top quality Power Skating Clinics and Goalie Clinics improves skill, thereby enhancing feelings of success
* Bolster civic pride - Replenishing jersey supplies is an expensive necessity but fresh, up-to-date jerseys are a boost to the team’s collective confidence and a great source of pride in their community as they travel throughout the province
* Build confidence in young athletes - Knowing that businesses in the community care about their sport, and are willing to stand behind them, stimulates a sense of belonging and relevance.
How will Corporate Sponsorship monies be used?
All monies raised via our Corporate Sponsorship Program will be used to benefit the Association as a whole. Specifically, we will use these monies to:
* offset the cost of ice rental
* offset the cost of power skating and goalie clinics
* ensure adequate jerseys and equipment (goalie equipment for youngest age groups; rings for all; small nets for Active Start and U10; etc)
* offer competitive compensation to referees to ensure a talented and committed pool of referees are available
* fund marketing initiatives designed to promote our sport locally and increase participation
* fund relevant training for our volunteer coaches
* fund new and desired programming that enhances the development of our young athletes (e.g. sport nutrition programming)
* continue to offer free ringette to Active Start (players pay only the $57 Ringette Alberta insurance fee). This action results in estimated annual revenue loss of $6,000.
* continue to offer significantly reduced fees for new members at the U10 level and reduced fees for new members at all remaining levels. This action results in estimated annual revenue loss of $2,000.
How does LRA determine which team will be assigned to a Corporate Sponsor?
* Where possible, sponsors will be invited to select a team-of-choice based on their particular interests/marketing needs. For example, a local toy store may choose to support Active Start because that age group represents that business' target market; while a local bank may choose to support a U16 team because young athletes of this age are beginning to develop their financial literacy and interest in financial services.
* Historically, LRA has not always had a team at some of the older age levels (e.g. there is no U19 team for 2015/16). Thus, 1-year sponsorship may be most suited to the older ringette teams.
Why don't the Corporate Sponsorship funds go directly to their assigned teams?
* Corporate Sponsorship monies will be used to achieve the overall objectives of LRA Board. Thus, ALL members of the LRA will benefit.
* It is possible that in some years we will not have enough Official Team Sponsors to assign one for each team. Thus, we would not want the regrettable situation of some teams receive funding while others do not.
What if a business wants to donate to a specific team and have the money go directly to the team?
Often times, family members (and/or friends) wish to provide 'sponsorship' or a 'donation' specifically to their child's team - solely for the discretionary use of that team. The LRA is very grateful for these sponsors and we are eager to explore appropriate ways in which the team can provide some recognition for these contributions. Any recognition extended should not diminish or conflict with the benefits offered to our 'Association Level' and 'Team Level' Corporate Sponsors.
For example, if a parent owns a business and wishes to supply team jackets, they are welcome to do so. They may even choose to have the company logo embroidered on the jackets. There would be no requirement to put the Official Team Sponsor logo on the jackets because this is NOT one of the benefits offered under the current Corporate Sponsorship program.
The LRA welcomes additional sponsors to help support their team-specific needs such as the cost of:
* tournament registration
* team-building activities
* transportation and hotel subsidy
* additional training
Who is conducting the search for Corporate Sponsors for Leduc Ringette Association?
* This is primarily the responsibility of the LRA Marketing Director - Denise Broadbent (2016/17).
* We welcome additional support in seeking Corporate Sponsors.
Who can I contact if I am interested in discussing sponsorship or if I have a recommendation of a potential Corporate Sponsor?
* Denise Broadbent - LRA Marketing Director